Monday 17 January 2011

Carrot Cake Cookies


So I thought I should continue my fabulous food day by baking a little somethin'somethin'.
After browsing through a few recipes, I decided on this recipe by Angela from OhSheGlows, one of my favourite blogs :)

I made a few adjustments to the recipe as I went along.



Mini Carrot Cake Cookies

1/2 c flour
1/4 c oats
1/3 c dessicated coconut & chopped mixed nuts
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 medium/large carrot, finely grated
Handful raisins
Handful chopped dates
1/4 c maple syrup
40g melted dairy-free margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mixed spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg etc.) to taste



Preheat oven to 180 C
Throw everything in a bowl and mix it all up
Use your hands to make 15 little balls out of the mixture, and place them on greaseproof paper on an oven tray.


Don't be afraid to get messy ;)


Place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes


Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 mins.

Serve with yogurt/ice-cream, sprinkled with cinnamon & coconut.

LUSH!

Enjoy your evening :D
x

1 comment:

  1. Ok these look amazing... totally worth the messy hands! Carrot cake is probably my favorite dessert :)

    ReplyDelete